I am 4 papers, 3 presentations, 2 events, and 1 final away from summer break and I could not be more excited. I can almost smell the Banana Boat sunscreen and feel the sand between my toes. But before I get too wrapped up in day dreaming about summertime I thought I would share my summer essentials.
1.Cocoa Butter- I use cocoa butter after I am in the sun to keep my skin soft and hold the tan. Plus if I get a sunburn is prevents peeling!
2. Stunnah Shades - This year it is a pair of LC Lauren Conrad Aviators. They’re adorable and I love them soo much.
3. Abercrombie/Hollister flip-flops - Even though they are a bit pricey they last way longer than Old Navy ones. I usually get a pair in black and then either navy blue or brown. Last summer I got teal and for the life of me I can’t remember why I chose a color that doesn’t match anything I own.
4. Sunscreen/Suntan lotion - Hawaiin Tropic makes a suntan lotion that is spf 30 so I tend to rock that after a particulary nasty sunburn I got on vacation last summer (K will totally remember that).
5. Wide tooth comb/Leave-in conditioner - NEVER EVER EVER brush your hair when it is wet. It loses elasticity and breaks easily. You can however use a wide tooth comb. I do that with some leave in conditioner and bam, hair has been brushed.
6. Books - I like to read while I’m laying by the pool or at the beach and summertime is a great time for some pleasure reading. All fall/winter/spring I am stuck reading my books for class and summertime is when I can actually read new books. I love anything by Elin Hilderbrand/Nicholas Sparks but when I want some sugary superficial stuff I am a fan of the It Girl series, Summer Blondes series, and anything summer-y.
Well I think that is it. If I have all of those in a bag and some sweet potatoe chips I am good to go! I hope you are all having an amazing day!
1. What is one product that makes you feel like a million dollars?
Toothpaste! I like having a clean and white smile and it makes me really confident.
2. What is your skincare secret? / A passed down skin care tip
Using Neosporin on an active breakout.
3. Share your hair care secret?
I only wash my hair everyother day. Its not really a secret though haha
4. What is your biggest diet rule?
Don’t diet. Working out is so much more rewarding. But I definitely have cut back on soda and junk food.
5. Any workout tips?
"Unless you puke, faint, or die keep going" - Jillian Michaels or "It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends and family, and 12 weeks for everyone else. Keep going."
6. Which perfume is your secret weapon?
Right now its Fresh and Clean by Pink! but I might switch to Mist You Madly by Soap and Glory
7. Show us a clothing item of yours which always turns heads
Well I can’t show you but I guess my lacey dress.
8. What is your most treasured piece of jewellery?
My Cape Cod Bracelet or my Pandora
9. Who is your style crush?
Lauren Conrad. 100% I met her last week and DIED.
10. Tell us something we don’t know about you
I love to ride horses.
I tag all of you to respond with you’re 10 beauty secrets!
Have a great week!